maanantai 25. lokakuuta 2010

Bleeeeeehhw!

Well, it's time for me to post some stuff again.
I just finally finished watching Canvas 2, and I'm going to give a small review of it.. Of course everything I say will be about what I saw and felt in this series. Our opinions may differ, so I hope you understand it's not like the person reviewing must be saying stuff everyone likes. I'm really disappointed with all the reviews I ever see, complaining about the style they use to draw, the seiyuus they chose for the characters or how cliché the series was. Anyway, let's get on with it!

First of all, the very beginning. I thought it was lovely, the usage of "oniichan", you don't hear that nearly enough from characters of Elis' age, and me being the sucker for sibling love, the start really made me have high hopes! But then, like any series the middle usually gets repetitive and boring and often at the middle of the series they use a lot of clichés and stuff, but I'm a sucker for cliché's too.. (long walks on the beach under the dim light of the moon, sitting holding hands and watching the sunrise or having a guys first kiss stolen by a beauty (that is actually a guy cross-dressing), if there's any of that, I'm having an orgasm of the mind!) *ahem* Towards the end the story got better and better, with a few (VERY few) flaws. The very last episode, the last scene, it made me have the feeling of "Oh fuck not a crappy end again!" (too many bad endings in anime :( ) but watching the ED was a right decision! Usually I just skip the OP's and ED's from most of the episodes, and tend to forget that they often add the end of the story for when the last ED is rolling. After I had the "oh crap" feeling, I went to get coffee (at 23:20) and thought that the ED was a really good song, so when I got back I thought I'd listen to it. So, I did, and I had the "OH YESS!" -success feeling when I saw it. During the last episode I started having doubts of my prediction abilities when it comes to anime, but I actually was correct, once again! The end was neat, and surprisingly well thought. Well, for story I'd go and give around 8/10

Then  for the soundtrack.. OP and ED both are awesome, as is the rest of the OST. It won't go near Clannad though, but it's really good! The songs always fit the scene, and the person who composed the songs is a genius! OST gets 9/10 

The characters were great! They each had a role in the series, and the characters were all well designed. The seiyuus fit the characters well, so overall I'll give 8/10 the lack of 2 points is only because they didn't have any of my favorite character-styles, such as Kotomi from Clannad. Or any of the Kugimiya Rie characters.

Then, the grand finalé! How did this series make me feel? At first, I was having constant nosebleeds in my mind, because of the usage of "oniichan". The dramatic side of the story wasn't as dramatic as I'd like drama to be, so I didn't cry much during the series. Of course, I shed a few tears during the series, but I didn't have to go about pausing the series because of poor visibility that tears give. I have that "problem" with quite a few series'. This series did make me have those heartwarming feelings when things got happy, which I do like. For bringing out emotions this series will get 6/10 The lack of drama in the dramatic scenes was really a drawback.

So, for overall of the series it's going to be an 8
It's a really nice series, and I recommend everyone to watch it.

Sorry if the "review" lacks in some parts, but it's really the first time I've ever done this, so I wouldn't be surprised if you people would be disappointed with it (if anyone even reads this).

Aaanyway, I'll be doing this with all the series' I'll watch in the future. I won't do this with the series' I've already seen, unless I watch them again. Some series I can remember clearly, but most of them I don't. So I don't want to do any guesswork, but instead I want to write things about it when I actually see the series.
I'll be taking requests for series you'd want me to "review" and give my opinion of.
Just tell me the series and I'll see if I can find a download for it, watch it etc.
So, for today, this is about it. Only have the "Top 3 ATM" left.

Here it goes!

Today's top 3!
  1. Canvas 2
  2. Ore no Imouto Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
  3. Clannad OST




Let's hope you liked today's post, you probably didn't but meh... and if you did read this, do continue to follow me in the future too! 
  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti